Lavenham Day Trip with Comical Scrooge Tour & Two Course Supper
- Monday 20th December 2021
We depart our local pick-up points late morning, in order to arrive to the pretty village of Lavenham for lunch. You will have time to wander the streets of what is considered to be Britain’s best-preserved medieval village where charm can be found at every turn. Its timber framed buildings line the narrow streets and lanes leading to the impressive market place. There is a rich history to discover as Lavenham was the 14th richest town in Tudor England thanks to its famous Lavenham Blue broadcloth. Lavenham is proud of its strong links to America. The Lavenham airbase was home to the 487th Bombardment Group of the 8th US Army Air Force. The group flew 185 missions and more than 6000 sorties whilst stationed at Lavenham during WWII.
We regroup at 3pm for a warm drink at an olde worlde thatched pub. We find that Ebenezer Scrooge is in town visiting Aunt Scratchitt, hoping to escape the good cheer and festivities in London. Alas, he finds the season of good will has arrived here too.
We light the lanterns and join Aunt Scratchitt as she takes the comically grumpy Scrooge for a gentle per-supper walk at dusk through the streets of her home town and tries to give him the festive spirit with tales of Christmas past, present and future. Lovely old Lavenham positively sparkles by lantern light and the good cheer of the people in their wonky houses is bound to annoy Mr Scrooge even further. Be prepared for a light-hearted evening that will put a festive smile on your face. Will you be able to help cheer him up with your Christmas Spirit? Or will you agree with Mr Scrooge? Bah! Humbug!
We return to the Cock Horse Inn for a two-course supper at 5.30pm before departing back to base where we hope to arrive around 8pm after a jovial Christmas experience like never before.
Menu – pre order required
Fresh haddock and chips, mushy peas & tartare sauce
Classic beef burger, served with fries.
Beef & ale pie, creamer potato
Butternut squash risotto, feta, pine nuts
Brownie, chocolate sauce, vanilla ice cream
Sticky toffee pudding, ice cream, toffee sauce
White chocolate cheesecake, raspberry sorbet
Selection of ice creams
Luxury Coach Hire
Free Time in Lavenham
Lantern Tour with Aunt Scratchitt & Ebenezer Scrooge
2 Course Supper (choice must be pre-ordered)
Itinerary Subject to Change
Adults & Children: £65
Infants without meal: £15
Enquire about this Trip...
Our friendly staff are always on hand to help with any queries you may have. To enquire about this excursion, please use the form provided below...
Day Trips & City Breaks
UK Day Trips
- Norwich Day Trip
- Shopping at Springfields Outdoor Shopping Outlet Day Trip
- Lavenham Day Trip with Comical Scrooge Tour & Two Course Supper
- Moreton-in-Marsh and Bourton-on-the-Water Day Trip
- Canterbury Day Trip
- Lincoln Day Trip
- Stratford Upon Avon Day Trip
- Belvoir Castle and Melton Mowbray Day Trip
- Stamford Market & Cruise on Rutland Water Day Trip
- Sutton Hoo & Aldeburgh Day Trip
- Bletchley Park Day Trip
- Salisbury Cathedral Day Trip
- Canterbury Christmas Market Day Trip
- Antiques, Collectables & Beers of Europe Kings Lynn Day Trip
- Braintree Shopping Village Day Trip
- Christmas at Belvoir Castle & Melton Mowbray Day Trip
- Belton House Winter Lights Trail Trip
- Colchester Zoo Day Trip
- UK & European Extended Day Trips
UK & European 2-3 Day Weekend Breaks
- Bristol 2 Day
- Magnificent Castle Howard & Lively Leeds 2 Day Break
- Manchester & Liverpool Great 3 Day City Break
- Newcastle, The Style Capital of the North East 2 Day Break
- London Overnight Specials 2 Day
- Christmas in Paris 3 Day Break
- Christmas in Paris with Disneyland Paris 3 Day Break
- Cardiff & Bath 2 Day Break
- Edinburgh 3 Day Break