Stamford Market & Cruise on Rutland Water Day Trip
- Friday 18th February 2022
We depart early morning and make our way to one of the finest Georgian towns in England, Stamford.
The pretty facades of the town are favourites with film and television producers – Stamford was used as Meryton in the 2005 Pride & Prejudice film and has also appeared in Middlemarch, The Da Vinci Code and the Golden Bowl.
On arrival you have free time to enjoy the bustling market with approximately 90 stalls from fresh produce to fashion, household items to cosmetics and jewellery, clothes to crockery. Alternatively, you may wish to experience Stamford’s quieter side by seeking tranquillity on the banks of the River Welland which winds its way through Stamford en-route to the wash.
Stamford’s narrow alleyways and hidden courtyards are home to a variety of specialist shops, fine jewellers and designer boutiques, whilst the High Street has a great choice of independent and recognised retailers.
When it’s time to eat, you’ll be spoilt for choice, as the town has a reputation for good food. Head to a cosy café or enjoy one of the many traditional inns serving come cooked food.
We depart Stamford after lunch and make our way to Rutland Water, one of the largest man made lakes in Europe and the largest by surface area in England. Set in over 3000 acres of beautiful rolling countryside Rutland Water is considered one of the best designed lakes, both environmentally and aesthetically.
We take in the scenery on our afternoon cruise which lasts approximately 45 minutes before heading back to our pick-up points.
Please note admissions to museums and monuments are not included.
Itinerary Subject to Change
Luxury Coach Travel
Free time in Stamford
45 minute cruise on Rutland Water
Children 2-11 years: £26
Infants up to 23 months: £15
Enquire about this Trip...
Our friendly staff are always on hand to help with any queries you may have. To enquire about this excursion, please use the form provided below...
Day Trips & City Breaks
UK Day Trips
- Norwich Day Trip
- Shopping at Springfields Outdoor Shopping Outlet Day Trip
- Lavenham Day Trip with Comical Scrooge Tour & Two Course Supper
- Moreton-in-Marsh and Bourton-on-the-Water Day Trip
- Canterbury Day Trip
- Lincoln Day Trip
- Stratford Upon Avon Day Trip
- Belvoir Castle and Melton Mowbray Day Trip
- Stamford Market & Cruise on Rutland Water Day Trip
- Sutton Hoo & Aldeburgh Day Trip
- Bletchley Park Day Trip
- Salisbury Cathedral Day Trip
- Canterbury Christmas Market Day Trip
- Antiques, Collectables & Beers of Europe Kings Lynn Day Trip
- Braintree Shopping Village Day Trip
- Christmas at Belvoir Castle & Melton Mowbray Day Trip
- Belton House Winter Lights Trail Trip
- Colchester Zoo Day Trip
- UK & European Extended Day Trips
UK & European 2-3 Day Weekend Breaks
- Bristol 2 Day
- Magnificent Castle Howard & Lively Leeds 2 Day Break
- Manchester & Liverpool Great 3 Day City Break
- Newcastle, The Style Capital of the North East 2 Day Break
- London Overnight Specials 2 Day
- Christmas in Paris 3 Day Break
- Christmas in Paris with Disneyland Paris 3 Day Break
- Cardiff & Bath 2 Day Break
- Edinburgh 3 Day Break